Forum

Marc's practice notes

Personal practice journals
336 posts • Page 34 of 341 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Re: Marc's practice notes

Postby marc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:10 am

This morning I meditated for 1.5 hours. As usual, I started with about 15 minutes of counting my breath, then switched to noting (whispering). I'm not sure what exactly happened then, I do know there was a lot of confusion and boredom. The last 45 minutes of the sit were more calm and there was more acceptance. There was some pressure around my third eye, which became more vibratory as I kept my attention on it. It was difficult for me to keep my attention wide/panoramic. The vibrating feeling around my third eye disappeared now and then, and I would notice thoughts about how my experience should be (but I found it hard to disembed from these thoughts).
marc

Postby Russell » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:36 am

Sounds good Marc, just keep noticing/noting those thoughts. No need to try to do anything with them.
Russell

Postby marc » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:45 am

Thanks for the advice, Russell. The thoughts are just things that arise and pass, just like all thr other stuff. There's no need to give them extra importance.

I just meditated for 60 minutes. I started noting out loud, and after about 10 minutes I noticed some tingling in my arms. After a few minutes there was a heavy feeling in my stomach, some fear, and planningthoughts. The pressure in my stomach moved a bit up, butnow felt even heavier. Some regrets, shame, doubt. Then pressure around my heart, lighter but unpleasant, and I felt a bit nauseous and somewhat choked. After a while more chaos, crawling feeling on my skin, fear, irritation, aversion. Then gradually I noticed more calm and acceptance, my mind became more still. I did notice a lot of thoughts about progress, some doubt, investigation, wanting to manipulate my experience, waiting. Now and then I noticed vibrations, but they didn't intensify. There was some disappointment, but also an accepting feeling. It felt okay just sitting.
marc

Postby Nadav » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Cool. :-)
Nadav

Postby marc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Everything's still pretty much the same, perhaps a bit more boredom and spacing out towards the end of my sits. The last 3 weeks we were camping in France, and although I did meditate daily, it felt less consistent. Sunday I hitchhiked back, and I didn't meditate, and monday I also skipped.

Yesterday in my afternoon sit, I ended up in a very clear and calm state, and my thoughts were very clearly just emerging on their own, without any control of me.
marc

Postby marc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 am

Yesterday I meditated twice. In the morning (90 minutes): pretty sleepy and spacy.

In the afternoon I meditated for 2 hours and 45 minutes (changing my position a few times): I went up to my cutting edge very quickly and then there were vibrations all over the place, especially around my third eye. I kept my attention on my third eye while still noticing other thoughts and sensations. It all felt very clear, spacious and equanimous, and it seemed like I could keep on meditating for hours.

This morning I sat for 60 minutes, probably ended up in low equanimity, with some mild vibrations and lots of thoughts about progress and technique.

I just meditated for 90 minutes. After concentrating on my breath for about 15 minutes I switched to noting and got into a very comfortable position. Eventually got to a clear and very open and accepting state, were most thoughts were just noticed and let go of. There was a vibrating spot around my third eye, which became the center of my attention. I think after that I fell asleep for about 10 minutes, and I noted a bit until the timer went off. Right now I'm feeling very buzzy and relaxed...
marc

Previous

336 posts • Page 34 of 341 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Return to Practice Journals