Forum

Giulio B. pre-practice journal

Personal practice journals
81 posts • Page 9 of 91 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: Giulio B. pre-practice journal

Postby Giulio B. » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Thank you Ona, good to hear from you!

I had some demanding time during the past 10-15 days, and unfortunately formal meditation was stopped since about 10 days ago (for the whole 10 days). Noting off the cushion continued, but the stress levels were pretty high, so most of the time it wasn't optimal (due to my stupidity in continuously postponing work, i finally came to the point when i was too close to the deadline and had to rush for it).

The whole thing ended this thursday, right when I met Kenneth (who, by the way, had to listen to 45 minutes of my gibberish lol). I was quite upset at the time, so I planned to recover these 10 lost days (that won't happen ever again) by doubling the dose for another 10 days. But then the thing was settles with adding a period of concentration.

So the new schedule is: 45 minutes of noting in the morning, 30 minutes of breath counting at the hara spot in the evening. Today has been the first day. Since I'm sort of re-starting, i thought that it would have been better to start off by only noting one foundation at a time (today was physical sensations), and then noting without restrictions from the fifth day on.

I program to re-start posting here on a weekly basis (so, probably, every saturday).

Thank you. G.
Giulio B.

Previous

81 posts • Page 9 of 91 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Return to Practice Journals