Forum

Antero's practice journal 6

Personal practice journals
35 posts • Page 4 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Re: Antero's practice journal 6

Postby Bill29ish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 am

Antero: Thank you for positing. Would you say this last post reflects a new insight or a previous insight that has significantly deepened?

Bill
Bill29ish

Postby Antero » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:14 am

Bill29ish wrote:Antero: Thank you for positing. Would you say this last post reflects a new insight or a previous insight that has significantly deepened?

Bill

It is like first seeing someone in a crowd at a distance and then later meeting face to face with all the time in the world. The latter is so much more detailed way of getting to know someone. Before there were clear experiences of emptiness or awareness, but usually they were recognized separately. Now they are seen to arise at the same time and there is no mistaking that they are dependently originated.

So yes, a previous insight, but significantly deepened as you aptly put it :)

Antero
Antero

Postby Bill29ish » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 pm

I figured as much. Thank you for clarifying.
Bill29ish

Postby Antero » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:05 am

The Weather System of Unborn Nature

My daily experience has been saturated with numerous occasions of great clarity and peace. Sometimes the mind has been so motionless that the quality of vastness has been impossible to miss. What a bliss.

On the other hand there have been moments of fiery turbulence and movement as well and this caused me a lot of trouble as I was unable to relate to that turmoil that seemed to cover the precious aspects of tranquility and vastness, making the mind opaque and blurred instead. This contradiction created resistance to all the movement and commotion of the mind and craving for the calmness to return.

The breakthrough did not come all of the sudden, but creeping slowly until at some point the moving mind started to reveal it’s inner essence. On the other side of all that movement has always been the staying aspect of the mind, the calm abiding that promptly and unerringly recognizes all the arising and passing disturbances without wavering. The energetic aspect of the agitation and turmoil of the mind has started to open up and my appreciation for it’s brightness, vibrancy and sparkling energy have been growing lately.

Nowadays I am seeing the mind more like a weather system. The disturbance starts at some tiny corner creating unstable and chaotic system that radiates allover. It has the power and the energy that should not be calmed by force. Experiencing it fully, openly and deeply with the body electrifies the everyday experience, heightens it without creating unwanted side effects of attachment and resistance. When negativity does not get a foothold and solidify, There are just vivid dynamic vibrations and some momentary bright traces withing a huge volume of space. This seems to be the cutting edge of my practice at the moment, coming and going and not yet an ongoing experience.

The quality of my everyday life is very much colored by the type of sitting practices I do, as I am exloring the various qualities of the space of awareness. It might be the aspects of vastness and built-in power or potency of the space extending to all directions coming to the foreground. Sometimes it is the clarity, vividness and impermanence of the arising and passing of random sense perceptions. Last week it was the unborn quality of awareness, the eternal nowness, completely unrelated to the concept of time. Currently my experience is flavoured by a forcefield of an automatic radar that impartially highlights and recognizes whatever there is to experience in this corner of the universe.
Antero

Postby Bill29ish » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Interesting. I am in very much the same place and stopped by to update, but i dont know what i would add that would be different. Much of my own process lately has been about seeing the empty, bright nature of the movements that I previously thought of as obstructions of "the awakened state". I have been seeing that they truly are made of the same stuff, and that only the view, deeply buried though it may be, that these things are obstructions, is what blocks the empty, luminous nature from dominating. My experience has been seeing each of these movements as equally liberated sensations in the body, and through that there is a continual moving closer to what you have called the weather patterns, a real intimacy in which they lose their identity as obstruction, or movement, or other.
Bill29ish

Previous

35 posts • Page 4 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Return to Practice Journals